Community Engagement and Recruitment Coordinator (Part-Time)
Cape Cod, MA
Overview: Reporting to the Regional Director, the Community Engagement and Recruitment Coordinator helps drives the strategic growth of the agency through the ownership of volunteer recruitment and youth outreach efforts. Additionally, he/she cultivates, stewards, recruits and supports our mentor-rich and youth-rich organizations and institutions that can provide sustained volunteer and youth participation. The Community Engagement and Recruitment Coordinator works within a customer-focused, goal-driven department and helps drive the vision, strategies and tactics for increasing consideration by volunteers, families and external partners; actively manages the inquiry pipeline; and deepens and expands external relationships to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission. Daily travel involved. Must own car, valid driver’s license, internet access at home, a cell phone, and pass a criminal background check.
· Outgoing personality required, sales background preferred. Comfortable in networking settings, customer service, community organizing, grassroots campaign experience a plus.
· Knowledge of the Cape and Islands landscape, communities, and cultures. Existing network of community relationships to leverage in this position a plus.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Appreciation for ethnic, racial, and sexual diversity, strong cultural competence, and sensitivity in working with diverse populations.
· Experience successfully working with and recruiting volunteers along with keen understanding of volunteer motivations, needs, and expectations strongly desired.
· Effective and confident public speaker; proven ability to develop strong working relationships. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Demonstrated ability to get results, ambitious and goal driven. Able to work in a fast pace and deadline driven environment.
· Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and manage own performance effectively, plan and organize time and priorities to achieve results.
· Must be mission motivated; high energy and drive; team player; have entrepreneurial spirit and be opportunistic.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, diverse environment
· Must be willing and able to travel throughout the region when necessary. Must be available to attend events in the early morning, evening and weekends.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SalesForce knowledge a plus.
· Assist in development and execution of annual recruitment plan to meet or exceed goals for volunteer and youth enrollment, focusing on the development of superior relationships with mentor-rich organizations, other not-for-profit leaders.
· Identify, pursue and obtain community and institutional partners who can provide ongoing supply of potential volunteers. Initiate and maintain relationships with decision makers through consistent and appropriate communications and meetings as necessary working with Regional Director.
· Conduct volunteer recruitment in community-based and school-based mentoring outreach and recruitment activity sessions as needed.
· Create, monitor, analyze, and report on key recruitment pipeline metrics; use data to drive increasing success. Proposes real-time optimization strategies to improve performance in conjunction with regional director.
· Execute and deliver targeted volunteer recruitment campaigns focused on alumni, affinity groups, current Bigs, distinct communities and ethnicities, and develop plans to leverage national BBBS recruitment campaigns
· Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Regional Director.