Fundraising Events Coordinator
This is a terrific opportunity to join the Development team at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay (BBBSMB), one of the largest youth mentoring agencies in the country, in a fundraising Special Events Coordinator role. BBBSMB matches underserved youth with adult mentors in lasting one-to-one friendships supported by trained professional staff and is currently serving over 3,000 children annually. The agency is well respected both for its mission and for the quality of its services.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising Events, the agency is seeking a Fundraising Events Coordinator who will be mission-driven, an initiator, a creative problem-solver, and has a strong work ethic.
S/he will have:
- Fundraising understanding
- Experience with implementing key event logistics, timetables, and communication with sponsors and guests
- Experience with creating and production of event marketing collateral
- Knowledge of auction management
- Event volunteer management know-how
- Skilled in event data management and reporting
- A team player
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to events.
- Bachelor’s degree and two+ years of experience in fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Proven track record of identifying and leveraging fundraising opportunities, obtaining sponsors and motivating volunteers to drive revenue for an event.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills.
- Responsible for event portfolio raising 50-99K.
- Basic understanding of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of fundraising software a plus.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package. We respect, appreciate and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSMB does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Career / Application Form